SSI is staffed with a half dozen technicians, trained and experienced in performing aggregate gradation testing on construction materials.
All technicians have successfully completed Ferris State University’s “Michigan Certified Aggregate Technician” course and understand the importance of controlled materials in the construction industry.
We have full service laboratories outfitted with the full spectrum of aggregate testing equipment and the ability to mobilize directly to project sites to perform on-site gradation testing.
SSI technicians are familiar with MDOT’s various resources to assist in the consistent and uniform application of aggregate testing including:
- MDOT Standard Specifications for Construction
- MDOT Construction Manual
- MDOT Road and Bridge Standard Plans
- MDOT Materials Quality Assurance Procedures Manual
- Applicable Michigan Test Methods
- Procedures for Aggregate Inspection
- MDOT Sampling Guide